Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What is Truth?





I am writing about what hit me the most during the women's conference this weekend. That was Philippians 4:8:


"...Whatever things are true, ...- meditate on these things."


TRUTH...what is true?



According to Webster it can mean: fidelity, fact, actuality, the body of real things

Paul tells us that if something is true (real), meditate (think)on that - and conversely, what is not true, STOP meditating on it.

There is more to that verse, I'm sure you all know that, but to keep it short, it can be summed up as:

whatever things are true, think on them.

When we decifer what is true we can prioritize our thoughts. And, when we prioritize, as Proverbs 31 women, we can get much more done - with a much better attitude.

I think as moms we tend to overthink, worry, and sometimes blow things out of proportion. Paul is telling us to lighten up, don't waste your time and energy (all of which are in short supply) dwelling on untruth, what might happen, what might be...

The Bible tells us what IS - and it is written by the Great I AM - meditate on that!



Father, I want to meditate only on the your truth today. Guide me to discern what is true and what is a distraction. Help me to lead others to your truth and use my time and energy to further your kingdom, not my own. Thank you for your word -- the IS from the I AM. Amen



Thank you for joining me today on my first post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...