Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Gatekeeper..


1Corinthians 3:16-17
Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are.


2Chronicles 23:19
He stationed the gatekeepers of the house of the LORD, so that no one would enter who was in any way unclean.

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

What do these 3 passages have in common?
The gatekeeper of 2Chronicles 23, had the job of keeping the unclean out of the Temple - where God dwelled.
In 1Corinthians 3, Paul calls our bodies God's "temples." And let there be no mistake there are plenty of forces at work each day trying to make these temples "unclean." The only difference is you have to be your own gatekeeper.
The location has changed,
the job has switched hands,
BUT the Owner remains the same.



You, the Proverb 31 woman, are the gatekeeper of your home. Philippians 4:8 tells us exactly what we should let into our "temples" - that which is true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous, and praiseworthy.
Guard the hearts and minds of your family.
I leave you with this...Romans 12:9
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good.

Father, Help me to resist the temptations of this world. Show me how to watch over my family that we may keep Your temple Holy. Thank you for the Holy Spirit that dwells in me. Change my heart to abhor what is evil and to cling to what is good. Let me be the wife and mother You have called me to be. Let me me the gatekeeper of my home for Your Glory. Amen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...