Crock Pot Pot Roast
- Sear a 3-4 pound pot or oven roast using a hot pan with salt and pepper and no added fat.
- Trim large fat and cut into 4 pieces.. Sear well don't move too much, sear all sides and ends
- In crock pot slice onions, celery, carrots, S&P, 1 T . Worcestershire, 1 Tbsp. bacon is good too.
- Lay seared beef on top of these.
- Add: a can of beef stock or broth, it should reach 1/2 way up sides of meat.
- Add some rosemary springs, oregano, no need to mix.
- Cook on HIGH 5 hours or so.
- Move meat to platter, strain out veg and pour liquid into de-fatting cup. Let sit at least 20 minutes.
- Make roux with Pot Roast in crock pot oil & flour. Add broth all at once whisk and all 1 cheat gravy package and a little cream for color and texture.