Wednesday, October 30, 2013

AMLW Desire Chapter 3

Back to our amazing book study on a million little ways...

During this chapter we were asked to look within. The sometimes scarey area that holds the buried, the forgotten, the lost....we are to look within, uncover all that slush, move it out of the way and search for that which God set in the fragile orb -- our soul.

These are the things C. S. Lewis called the "first things." (p.41) The first things we see and feel before the rational/logical self edits them out to make room for it's own 

                                         SAFE, EASY second things....

But, what does it actually look like to think of God's glory as a 'first thing.' Today I take a step back and, rather than try to figure out what my "thing" is I want to just bask in His Presence.   

To think about His glory and the fact that I, a mere sinful human is even a speck of dust amid the luminous blaze that is the I AM.



I resist the urge to put in an image of hands raised as this would include me in the blaze. I want to just sit back and bask in the light, the warmth, the connection...

Desire has been redeemed in Christ. My soul desire has purpose and a need to connect to its Creator...

In the video Emily uses the signing symbol for connected often. It is the thumb and finger touching on each hand and together. 



When you try to draw it out (like I did in my notes) it takes on a look of infinity.



That's when my heart leap and I felt the kiss of God.

I am connected with God, souls intertwined, infinite....

true desire is born out of death, of knowing I no longer live, but Christ lives in me..

The Trinity is 

                          the beginning of always

To die with Christ is the beginning of my always....eternal life. 

Living that desire is true life, connected, intertwined, infinite....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...