Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Adventures in Frugality

One of my goals for 2013 is to find new and exciting frugal replacements for everyday costly items. I am trying to adapt to 2 of these each month. But trial and error so far had me at 50% success...

This week's tip: Homemade Frugal Granola Bars 

They were and still are a huge hit!!

That has saved me considerably on my grocery bill which I am trying to keep around $100 a week. At $3++ a box for the cheap ones and $4++ a box for the quality ones - that is a HUGE savings for us each week. 

I make a double batch of bars and it lasts about 2 weeks. Frugal and tasty! I never liked granola bars before I tried these. I found these to be a treat to eat and so versatile. They can be different every week - you choose the mix-ins, be creative and use what's in your stockpile or on sale:)

Be sure to send in your mix-in ideas and experiences with them.


Next weeks frugal adventure - fabric softener alternatives...


What is frugality to the Proverbs 31 woman?? 

It is the safe keeping of the Lord's blessings.

fka (formerly known as): Waste not, Want not:)


She watches over the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness. ----Prov 31:27


Frugality as per wiki:  the quality of being frugal, sparing, thrifty, prudent or economical in the use of consumable resources such as food, time or money and avoiding waste, lavishness or extravagance

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...