Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How do you get rid of a trash can?


I was just sitting here thinking - how do you get rid of an old trash can? You can't just leave it by the curb - people will either put trash in it or think you're a slob.

Even if you put it out on trash day - if there's trash in it they'll take the trash and leave the can. If you don't put trash in it - they'll still leave it - come on, it's a "trash can."
Do you go to all the trouble of bagging it up. Buy one of those super, HUGE bags tie it up and disguise it as - "trash". Odds are your trash man is on to you by now and will leave it there just to mess with you - I would:)

I would probably go a step further...unwrap the bag and put it into the can as a liner. Like the owner didn't know how to set it up correctly...LOL, I do like to do things like that to people...it usually makes them laugh, and we can all use a good laugh now and again.
So now that I've messed with you my dear reader you are probably asking yourself, "What does this have to do with "dailystuff"? "

Well, after I looked at it a bit longer I decided I couldn't throw that old trash can away after all. Sure it had dents and a couple holes. It was a little rusty in spots where it was bent out of shape, it sagged to one side, and it had lost all of it's original shine. I thought maybe this is a reflection of me on some days. Sure I've had my super mom-perfect wife-good church girl-loving friend - Jesus glowing days. But I've also had my: do it yourself-you don't love me-who's going to miss me-are you sure she loves Jesus? bent-up, rusty, dented, dull, sagged-to-one-side days too.

Days when I should have been left out for the trash, days when it was probably would have been easier to leave me than love me.


Those were the days when I needed it the most but deserved it the least--
Those were the days when I received the most Grace.


2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


His grace is always enough.
So, today I give grace to that old trash can. My gracious God has given me new life and I will return that today by finding new life even for my old trash can that no one else wanted.
I am glad the Lord did not leave me at the curb for someone else to take away. I am so glad He wanted me.

Many blessing to all today.--T

Know that God wants you dearly. He is waiting for you to accept His invitation. It's that easy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...