Monday, March 7, 2011

Are You Too Old To Sin?


Search me, O God, and know my heart:
try me, and know my thoughts:
and see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting

Psalm 139:23-24

I had to laugh talking to my 98-year-old grandmother. She told me her priest said she didn't have to go to confession anymore because she was too old to sin. I wonder if Methuselah stopped confessing at 969?? I'm guessing not....

My question is: Is there ever a time we stop sinning? Isn't just the thought that you don't sin anymore-- sinful in and of itself?

To say you don't sin is to put yourself equal to Jesus! Isn't that what the evil one did? I'm not going there-- Are you?

If there was ever an age at which we stop sinning on our own, we wouldn't need a Savior and Oh, what a sad day that would be!

As the Psalmist says:

search me, try me, lead me.....

Are you too old to sin?

Sinners change, Sin doesn't?


May God bless you, my dear readers today

Loving prayers,
E


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...